Toddler Safety … Falling Alert!
Please follow and like us:
- Falling can cause serious injuries to a toddler. You cannot stop your toddlers from playing, running, or jumping, but the following steps can save your child from falling.
- It is recommended that you create a play area/room with proper safety arrangements. If you have a room for your kids, make sure there is nothing that would tempt a toddler to jump. You can put down an old mattress so that they can enjoy jumping without the fear of falling. If you don’t have a dedicated playroom, put a mattress in the corner of the living room for your toddlers to jump and play.
- If your toddler uses a high chair, don’t forget to tie the safety belts.
- Make sure the park or playground has grass or soft foam beneath the monkey bars and slides to cushion a fall and prevent injury.
- Buy a heavy tricycle made of solid material because your toddler can easily turn over while riding a lightweight tricycle. Find a smooth surface for your toddler to ride on.
- Keep pillows or any soft, cushioned surface on the floor near your toddler’s bed in case he or she falls off while sleeping.